August 22, 2010

Show & Tell Your Best Summer Bargains

I thought it would be fun to show some of the best bargains/deals/thrifty steals we got this summer, so I hope all you ladies will join in with me. First, I've been dying to show you an incredible deal I got early this summer at an inside sale at a local senior center. A beautiful set of vintage Homer Laughlin Eggshell Georgian Wayside Pink dinnerware! And I do mean set! Dinner plates... bowls...salad plates...
Teacups...saucers

And even the sugar bowl...

...and creamer!!

When I saw this set, I asked the folks how much it was going for and they said...are you ready for this?

$8.00 total!! My heart started pounding and as you can well imagine, I couldn't get the set into the boxes fast enough as there were so many folks streaming in and milling about. This is definitely a "keeper" for me and will be lovely to put out on holidays and special occasion, don't you think?
Next, although this is not vintage and looks to be maybe from Home Goods, I couldn't resist this sweet metal washstand with bowl. I picked it up at an estate sale for the merry tune of $5.00. The bowl was later filled with petunias and resides on my porch.

Just look at this lovely green, heavy metal tea cart with glass shelves. It was tagged for $4.00 at a yard sale, and when the man running the sale saw me looking it over, he said "Do you want it for $3.00?" How fast do you think it took me to scoop that baby up???
This is a lovely vintage brass, french look chandelier that I scored for $10.00 at a yard sale last weekend.

It will need to be rewired, but lucky for me I have an electrician in the family.
This chandelier is extremely heavy, and what makes it so unique is the detailing, plus it has cream colored accents mixed in with brass...

See....here....

Once this is safely rewired, I'm thinking it will hang in my entryway, where my shabby little office is.

Lastly, I've been working on a key fetish, and I was thrilled to find these three lovely keys over the summer.
The largest one was $4.00, the one in the middle is actually one of a set of 3 that I got for $1.00. They were vintage gold Syroco, but hubby painted them white for me. The last key is extremely heavy iron, and was grabbed for $3.00.
These are just a few of the treasures I found this Summer at way low prices! So ladies, do a little "Show and Tell" with me and share your best Summer bargains with the rest of us.

Until next time ~ Be blessed!

14 comments:

Rachel Knoblich said...

Getting back to you...my boys are 14, 12, 8, 6 and 16 months. They are a great bunch of kids! So jealous of your china set for $8...I want that pattern too. Maybe someday I will find them for a steal. Would you like to do a shabby chic swap with me sometime in the near future? Let me know.

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Wowwwzaaa you found some wonderful things
and found some great prices !
Thank you for sharing !

xoxo
Lori

Antique Shows said...

Have enjoyed looking at your blog and all your great finds!

Ellen said...

I am loving your finds and the Homer for $8.00 WOW! I'd snatched that one too! It is beautiful. Thanks for sharing, you have a lovely home.

xoxox,
Ellen

Unknown said...

WoW...looks like someone's been finding some yummy treasures this summer!!

wandalee said...

great scores! I am loving that chandy - am looking for a small one just like that! (any in the shop?).. my best scores this summer were an amazing antique wing chair, freshly covered in cream, aqua scrolls, and rusty peach roses (JUST match my oriental!) for a measly $60 and an equally fab 30's french bedroom set (bed, dresser, gent's dresser, side table, vanity w/ huge mirror and matching bench) for $150! Prices were a bit more for my finds :-), but considering the quality I was happy!
Wanda in NH (from White Home)

clustres said...

What a deal on this Homer Laughlin! I just sold a set piece by piece and there was hardly a PIECE that sold for less than $8! Congratulations!

saltbox
treasures
said...

Oh, I just love your finds!!! Love, love that Homer Laughlin; I have a few pieces of this pattern in blue ~ it is gorgeous! and an unbelievable price!
~ Julie

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I would have snapped those dishes up too, what a score for you and I don't blame you for keeping them! Love the teacart and chadelier too!

Rondell

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

What a bunch of great finds!! LOVING the pink dish set! Gorgeous and what an incredible deal!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your comment on my vintage bathroom remodel too! :)

{oc cottage} said...

You are a rock star! I paid about $400 for my set of the same pattern HL...and I didn't get many of the extras you did! That is the absolute deal of the eon!


m ^..^

" SHABBY JUNK" said...

Oh my Gosh! Great sale items. These dishes are to die for. The "chandie", the cart etc... and the heart pounding thing , I always thought it was just me.

Bring Pretty Back said...

GREAT FINDS!!!!!!! WOW! LOVE the dishes! I love everything!
Lucky you!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

Oh my goodness... Your blog is just beautiful!
I am signing up to be your newest follower!
Thank you for sharing!
Leticia